Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Whip It" a Feel Good Movie...Must See

"Whip It"
A Must See Movie


I love Drew Barrymore and I love Ellen Page from Juno movie. Last Friday, I saw Whip It when it first opened in Hawaii and I was rolling in laughter. The world of Austin roller derby queens came to life. I always wondered what it was all about and now I knew. Wonder if Hawaii will ever have it's own roller derby teams? It's very entertaining to watch and an exciting sport.

Page played the role of a unobtrusive teen coming of age and finding her passion. I found it interesting how Barrymore was able to play a character and not upstage anyone. Now, that's real acting. Barrymore's directorial debut shows promise and makes me want to see more of her work.

Check out the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. And see a Preview from YouTube. If you are on Oahu, check out the movie schedule on the Honolulu Advertiser.

A clean cut movie that you can take your daughter and share a tub of popcorn. Has sort of that Juno edge to it. When you want to just sit back and laugh and forget the days of furloughs and recession, this is the movie to see.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin