Monday, April 19, 2010

Update on Sarah's Quilt...The Front is Sewn!

My Trusty Vintage Bernina and Me...Sewing Merrily Away...ZZZZZzzzzzzzz ZZZZzzzzz


Here's the Final Combo Before Sewing it Together
Talk about Rubics Cube De Javu...


Aren't these Fabrics Fab?
Love them.
Sarah did also.
She can't wait for her Quilt to come Home.


The Front All Sewn Up
Now, need to get the Back fabric.
Thinking the Light Aqua.
For Border, thinking a darker blue.
Orange and Aqua Blue...a Perfect combo.


For Sarah's Birthday party this past Saturday, I made a Mini Quilt of 9 pieces of the Fabrics I'm using on her Quilt. A sneak peek. Sarah LoVed it! She can't wait to get the Real thing. I'm jazzed about this quilt. Love the colors. Love Love Love it. I'm already thinking about creating my own Quilt.

Tip to Remember: Pin the Squares so the Squares MATCH up. Eeeeek! I had to rip apart the 1st Long Row from the 2nd row bc I didn't even think of this until sewing the 2nd & 3rd Row. Luckily, I thought of this on the 2nd Row. So, a small lesson.

When I was figuring out where to put the Squares, I again almost lost my mind. But, I kept pushing forward until I came up with a Look that I LoVed. No second guessing. There's too many variations that you can do. I came up with the One that my Eyes LoVEd...and that's it. Sew it before I change my mind.

I'm thinking a Light Aqua for the Back Fabric. A Darker Rich Blue OR Magenta for the Border. Pulling those colors from the existing blocks. Thinking to "Stitch in the Ditch" since the Squares are pretty prominent. Any thoughts?



5 comments:

Jean said...

You've got the top done already? Wow, you're quick! How big are the squares? Stitch-in-the-Ditch is fine if the squares are 4" or smaller, but it depends on the batting you're using. They usually recommend quilting be at a maximum-so-many-inches apart. Looks great! Can't wait to see the next stage!!

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Ohhhh, my squares are BIG...15" each. Hmmm...do you have suggestions? Would like to stitch it down somehow.

FabricFascination said...

UhOh, Stacey, you've caught the quilting bug! It may never let you go.

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

I know Kim. I'm already thinking about creating my own quilt for myself. I bought some fabric last year and it's just been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to pick them up. Now, since I've gotten the "bug", I have the energy and motivation to do it.

Cheryl Nolan said...

It's looking great, I love the colors!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin