Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Jimmy's Favorite Dish...Ina Garten's Chicken Stew with Bisquits

I'm a Super Huge fan of Ina Garten, aka the "Barefoot Contessa"


"Yes", I'm an Ina Garten fan and I'm proud of it. This woman can cook. Her recipes are spot on. If you follow her recipes, you'll never be disappointed. I have all of her cookbooks and have tried many of her recipes. In my cookbooks, I have all these notes all over dating when I first tried it, what I thought of the recipe, things I added, little notes to myself so I'll remember next time. Her Chicken Stew with Bisquits, or what I call Chicken Pot Pie, is Jimmy's favorite. I first made it for him when we were dating. After he ate it, he said to me "when can we get married?" If you like chicken pot pie, this recipe is THAT good...and quite simple to make, really. Just follow the recipe.


I use Frozen Mixed Veges and cube up some Potatoes on my own



The "stew" is super easy to make. Just throw in everything.
I use store bought pre Roasted Chicken to save time.
You can't beat a $5 roasted chicken from Costco.
So moist and ready to shred.





Since Jimmy is the Bread Man...he loves to make anything with flour...
the Bisquit making is his domain.
But I used to do it before him.
Don't get put off, these bisquits are simple to make.
Or try using those pre made dough in your store's freezer section.




The dough is so simple to make. Just roll it out...




And cut out your bisquits.
If you don't have a bisquit cutter,
then just use the bottom of a mug or glass and trace the circle with a knife.



Put your stew in a pan and then layer on your bisquits.
Dab a bit of melted butter on top to get that golden brown color.



Ta Da! I swear, your family is going to love this.
And it's super EZ to make.
(I was going to say" it's Quick to make" but I think Quick to me may not be Quick to you.)




My Barefoot Contessa cookbook with my scribblings.
The potatoes was a new thing that I just decided to add in bc I'm a potato lover.


Want to try it? Here's her recipe online on the Food Network.com...click HERE. Try it tonight and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Coconut Girl Connie said...

Great job! Looks beautiful and delicious. So nice to see partnership in the kitchen. Are you familiar with the Kahakai Kitchen blog? She does a weekly "barefoot blogger" featuring Ina's recipes, interesting to see her feedback as well as other participants.

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Thanks for the tip...I'm going to check it out. Would love to read about more of Ina's recipes being tried by others. I want to make her short ribs next. I've been watching this one episode which I DVR'd over and over and it looks so delish!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin